Sunday, May 04, 2014

May the 4th be with you!!

Today is  Star Wars Day!!




I've been making so many "Star Wars "vegetable carving since 2005.
The character that I made most is R2D2 of course!

I collect them for May the 4th  :)
I made those for my friends and myself.
Thank you all of my friend in Japan, america, and all over the world!

Carrot ( actually this was my first star wars vegetable carving)







sweet potato








Cucumber












Daikon candle 













Daikon with food color



Ice carving !  
eh......well, I agree it went melt so soon...











Daikon R2 with Carrot Jawa














pumpkin








Daikon R2-D2 with his lovely tools









carrot R2 and Daikon R5D4











Those are my memorial R2 and R4 which I made in  Celebration 6!!
I made R4(left) at Star Wars University.
I made R2(middle) and C3-PO at the fan booth.
Mr.Anthony took picture with this C3....it was wonderful memory.

(found this picture at The Scrappy Jedi . Thanks for the article!)



Celebration 6 was one of my most wonderful experience of my life.
I did a demonstration for one hour at the Star Wars University.




This was our booth.

I made a lot of vegetable Star Wars carving for 4 days.





by the way, Are you going to Celebration 7?
Me? Yes  I'm planning to go there too!!
I wish we could have a booth and panel again and
I wish I could meet my friends!!







Here is the last one today.
one day, I Put  tires on him. 


I made his  body with Daikon,
and I made tires with sweet potato.(because they are more solid than Daikon)





May the 4th be with you! 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must say your are a great artist. You have made lot of interesting things with the food which I can't even imagine. Keep up the good work.

House music DJ

oki said...

Thank you Julie! :)