Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How to make the potato Darth maul

Finally, Star Wars will be back in movie theater
on March 16 in Japan!

I made a vegetable carving for the
cable TV last month.
It is one of the main characters of Episode1
...Darth maul!


I made with Sweet Potato this time.
This is the face.
I made the outline first,then I carve a nose, eyes,
a mouth, and a tattoo.



next...horns.


they are very small, therefore I need concentration.



Then I put the horns to the head with toothpicks.
I opened a mouth on purpose to show a tooth.

Then I make a hands referring to my hand.

carving a bofy.
I use 5 sweet potatos this time.


Actually, I made the last scene where he fought against
Obi-Wan Kenobi and an Qui-Gon Jinn with a movie as for one dish.




you can see the Qui-Gon's saber if you are a star wars fan :)

For his light saber, I painted a bamboo sticks by a red marker.

Looking forward to see the Darth Maul at movie theater!

No comments: